Legal Counsel You Can Count On
The sidewalk accident lawyers at Forzano Law Firm provide Brooklyn, NY residents with premier legal counsel when they need it. If you or someone you know has incurred slip-and-fall injuries or experienced wrongful death due to a sidewalk accident, a sidewalk falls injuries lawyer from our team can help you learn your rights and legal options. Accidents are traumatic enough without any extra financial burden. Our legal team is here to fight for you and the compensation you deserve.
How To Prove Liability After a Sidewalk Fall
If you’ve suffered a sidewalk accident and are seeking to claim compensation, you must first prove liability. To do this, you must prove that you had an accident on the sidewalk, someone else’s negligence caused the accident, and you sustained an injury due to this accident. Proving liability is much easier if you gather as much evidence as possible to support your claim. Evidence that will prove useful in court or in front of a jury includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Photographs of the sidewalk defect
- The shoes you were wearing
- A witness statement, if possible
- A police report, if possible
- Documentation of doctor’s visit
The Causes of Sidewalk Injuries
When it comes to sidewalk injuries, there is a wide range of possible underlying causes. If you’ve suffered a trip-and-fall or slip-and-fall injury on someone else’s property, a personal injury attorney from Forzano Law Firm can help you learn about your rights and legal options. Some of the possible causes of sidewalk injuries include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Cracks or Uneven Footing – If a sidewalk is full of cracks or uneven footing, it’s likely to cause someone to trip and even fall. The private owner of the property is responsible for maintaining the sidewalks and ensuring they are safe for pedestrians.
- Snow that Hasn’t Been Shoveled – When a sidewalk is full of snow and hasn’t been properly shoveled, it can become slippery and iced over, resulting in pedestrians slipping and falling. If you’ve slipped on someone’s sidewalk due to snow buildup, reach out to our team today.
- Debris – When a sidewalk is covered in debris, it may cause pedestrians to trip and fall due to the inability to safely traverse through the debris and continue walking on the sidewalk.
The Types of Sidewalk Injuries
When it comes to sidewalk injuries, they vary widely depending on the cause of the injury. When injuries are more severe, there is a higher likelihood of obtaining a larger settlement offer. When a sidewalk accident results in less serious injuries, the compensation will also be less on average. Typical types of sidewalk injuries include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Soft Tissue Sprains
- Broken Bones
- Back Injuries
- Neck Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Head Trauma
- Hip Damage
- Knee Damage
- Bone Dislocation
- Joint Dislocation
- Herniated Disc
- Slipped Disc
- Brain Injuries
Contact Our Sidewalk Accident Lawyers Today
Sidewalks, when properly maintained by property owners, are a wonderful place for pedestrians to get exercise and pass the time with a leisurely stroll. If a sidewalk hasn’t been properly maintained, the likelihood of your leisurely stroll becoming dangerous increases immensely. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury from a sidewalk accident, a sidewalk slip-and-fall accident attorney from our legal team can help you determine the legal compensation and benefits you are entitled to. We offer premier legal counsel. Contact us today to schedule a free legal consultation with our experienced team.